Chocolate Mint Ice Box Cookies - a test recipe for the upcoming PPK Cookie book by Terry Romero and Isa Chandra Moskowitz.
Now that I have your attention....
I made a survey!
Basically, I had time on my hands and haven't purchased a new USB cord yet. I'll get on that.
- What was the most recent tea you drank?
- Half jasmine/Half Blossoming Lotus 8 Herb
- What vegan forms do you post/lurk on? If so, what is your username? Spill!
- I’ve been a Post Punk Kitchen member since 12/6/2005, when I joined to post food porn, though I visited the site before then. My username is jdfunks. I also post occasionally on VeganRepresent as jdf and read the NW Veg forums a couple times a year.
- You have to have tofu for dinner, and it has be an Italian dish. What comes to mind first?
- Tofu ricotta stuffed eggplant lasagna. My mind is very Italian?
- How many vegan blogs do you read on an average day?
- On an average day, I read less than 10, maybe 5. I play catch up and read tons though! The ones on my links list are the ones I read the most frequently.
- Besides your own, what is the most recent one you’ve read?
- The lovely Allicia’s Broke-ass Vegan. I was going to complete the survey Allicia filled out, but then decided to make my own.
- If you could hang out with a vegan blogger that you haven’t met, who would it be, and what would you do?
- I’m lucky to have met so many, and be actual friends with many as well. I’d like to visit Philly again and meet Dynise of Urban Vegan and go for fancy Thai food and to one of her favorite art galleries. She’s so hip! And urban! I’ll also meet any vegan blogger that comes to Portland, obviously.
- If you had to base your dinners for a week around one of the holy trilogy – tofu, seitan or tempeh, which would it be?
- Tofu – I can think of versatile uses immediately.
- If you had to use one in a fight, which would it be?
- Large blocks of frozen tempeh from People’s Coop!
- Name 3 meals you’d realistically make with that tough protein of choice!
Baked BBQ Tempeh dinner
- What’s a recipe in vegan blogland that you’ve been eyeing?
- The Herb Crusted Tofu with Mushroom Marsala from the The Farm Café – technically this counts because Julie Hasson has a recipe for it up on Everyday Dish. This dish is one of the Stumptown Vegans’ Top 10 Favorite Things We’ve Eaten – as published in the travel edition of Herbivore Magazine last year.
- Do you own any clothing with vegan messages/brands on them?
- I own two Herbivore logo sweatshirts, one in green and one in black , and two bags – the “Wings are for flying, not frying” and “Cowhugger”.
- Have you made your pilgrimage to the 'vegan mecca' yet? (Portland, duh)
- Well, I moved here in September 2004.
- What age did you first go vegan? Did it stick?
- I first went vegan at 19. At 20, I studied abroad and did indulge in European cheese. I'm not proud, and I know now I'd pass, but I don't have regrets - just gas. I went vegan again afterwards, but I have had realistic bumps.
- What is the worst vegan meal you’ve had? Who cooked it?
- Last holiday season my office went to lunch at a fancy restaurant that had actually prepared a decent vegan dinner for me last year – and had this actual vegan item on their dinner menu. I asked for a veganized lunch sandwich with sautéed mushrooms since they had a few mushroom varities in other dishes – and was given toasted white bread with thinly sliced white mushrooms inside. That’s it. Not the worst, but boring and odd.
- What made you decide to blog?
- I’ll be blogging on Get Sconed! for 3 years as of January 1st, 2009. I was inspired by Vegan Lunch Box and vegancooking on Livejournal in general. I wanted a place to document my love and growth of a vegan kitchen.
- What are three of your favorite meals to make?
First off, I had to reference my blog to try and think of what, oy.
- Pizza with tofu ricotta
- Bbq tofu or tempeh with brown rice and greens
- Spicy quinoa with tempeh, black beans and kale
- What dish would you bring to a vegan Thanksgiving-themed potluck?
- My late mother’s veganized sweet potato pie casserole. This will be my 6th holiday season making it.
- Where is your favorite vegan meal at a restaurant? How many times have you ordered it?
- Besides the Tofu Marsala at The Farm and outside of Portland –in May it was this oyster mushroom crusted seitan from Candle Café in NYC:
Oyster Mushroom Crusted Seitan
with Potatoes and Greens from Candle Cafe
- What do you think the best chain to dine as a vegan is?
- P.F. Chang’s....even if I found a cockroach in my Ma Po tofu back in 2004 on Long Island. They have vegetarian oyster sauce listed as an ingredient online, how cool is that? Cool, cool. I’ve even reviewed it on Stumptown Vegans – it’s my preferred default chain when traveling, followed by CPK.
- My kitchen needs a………
- A sifter. How embarrassing.
- This vegetable is not allowed in my kitchen…..!
- Onions are rarely allowed. When they are, they’re pureed into homemade BBQ sauce.
- What's for dinner tonight?
20.Add a question here!