Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Cats!


Next Friday night I have a date with Karla, the 
Veganshizzle, in the name of cats.  We're attending the House of Dreams Cat Shelter Benefit Dinner, thanks to Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Sweetpea Bakery.  The Shiz and I attended the Let Live Benefit Dinner back in June by the same folks, and it was truly one of the best meals I've had in Portland.  Hope to see you there!


Here's the menu and a note from Ms. Isa:

A few Sweetpea, Herbivore and Food Fight staffers and I will be transforming the bakery into a candlelit bistro for the evening and serving a seasonal, organic, intimate, four course vegan dinner for 40. Please see all the info below the menu for ticket purchasing info, and I bet any other questions you have will be answered. If not, then email me at postpunkkitchen@gmail.com. Thanks everyone, I’m excited to cook for you and I hope to see you there.

Menu
Soup
White Bean And Roasted Garlic
A puree of navy beans and sweet smoky roasted garlic with leeks and fresh herbs

Salad
Golden Beet And Shallot
Warm roasted golden beets and baby greens in a creamy vinaigrette with caramelized shallots and a handful of toasted walnuts

Main
Autumn Plate
Cornbread and homemade sausage stuffed acorn squash, smoky grilled tempeh in a wild mushroom ragout served with garlicky purple kale

Dessert
Caramelized Apples
Warm apples in a caramelized maple sauce, served with crisp gingerbread shortbread and topped with homemade coconut based vanilla bean ice cream

Housemade hot chai will be served. Please bring your own beer and wine.


Some shots from the summer's dinner...

Jicama Salad 

Raspberry BrownieCorn Pudding, Seitan and Mole Sauce

Today is operation new USB cord, btw.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be there too, Jess!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

AMAZING menu - wish I could attend!!

VeganView said...

Your menu sounds soooo good, i want to go!

allularpunk said...

i want to go to that SO BAD. stupid portland being stupid 3000 miles away. *pout* also, it made me smile some to think about how many people there are going to be whipping out their cameras to take pictures of their food before eating. ha!

IsaChandra said...

Moskowtiz. I like it.

jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

I knew you would, but I still fixed it.

almost as bad as my testing posts from last year that said Veganomican...

katiejayne said...

I can't wait!!!!

Chelsea said...

What, no cat pictures? You're a tease!

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

I SO wish I could be there.

DJ said...

That sounds great - enjoy, you guys!

Laura said...

ooh i wish i could go! that might be worth a special trip up to portland!!

funwithyourfood said...

lol YAY for operation new USB cord... :)
and also want to note that I love that it's bring your own beer and wine :)

Jen Treehugger said...

Such a good cause. I will be there in spirit.

Bianca said...

How cool! I wish I could go! I can't imagine how awesome it would be to have Isa-cooked food...especially for a kitty cause (I have six, so that's a pretty close-to-my-heart cause).