This sandwich of such succulent, tender tempeh, this tangy addictive sauce is just so good, I was inspired to make something similar of my own...
What I did:
- I bought half a block of tempeh from Proper Eats, and cut off three pieces.
- I boiled the pieces for 8 minutes, drained & sprayed with Bragg's Liquid Aminos
- Then, I baked the pieces in a lightly oiled casserole dish with about 1/2 cup of bbq sauce for 20 minutes at 375F.
- I then added 1/4 more of sauce, threw on some chopped bell pepper, increased the heat to 400F and baked for an additional 15-20 minutes.
- Removed from the oven and cooled a couple minutes..
Some more roastin': purple, red and yukon gold potatoes with rice bran oil, fresh rosemary and whole garlic cloves
Roasted red bell peppers - waiting to star in risotto.