Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Get Sconed!

Hi there, I made some scones...


peach raisin scones

I made a half batch of the basic Vegan with a Vengeance scones, adding 3/4 cup of chopped, fresh peaches and 1/4 cup of raisins.


peach raisin scones
I really like how they look like mini Irish soda breads. No icing required.

Some cubed extra firm tofu scramble for good measure:

brunch 10/14

with Trader Joe's extra firm tofu, black beans, portabella mushroom, greens, tomato, carrot, yellow bell pepper, black olives, veggie sausage, garlic, turmeric, thyme, oregano, sea salt, pepper, seasoning salt and care.

october 006

See, I can live up to the blog title now and then~

What's for dinner tonight? I have Hot Sauce Glazed tempeh marinading in the fridge, from the now-available from certain stores Veganomicon. Sure, Barnes & Noble has it, but I'd still recommend waiting for your independent book store to get it in, or at least Powell's online. I can understand wanting to get your hands on it ASAP though.
As for the tempeh recipe, it's available on the PPK recipe section already here
and you can check out the photo I took when I first tested it on the main page, too. (oooo!)

13 comments:

Vegan_Noodle said...

How cute that you made your blog's namesake. I haven't ever made scones, but maybe now I should. I like the addition of peaches for sure!!
Also, thanks soooo much for the tip and coupon for maggie mudd. That was the awesomest ice cream I've ever had! Vegan or not. :-)

urban vegan said...

I always wondered how you rblog got its name.

Taylor said...

You got sconed!

What kink of olives are those? They look huge.

JENNA said...

I've been wondering if you ever made scones.

bjorkedoff said...

that jam looks awesome.

Anonymous said...

Jess, I love you. YOU KNOW THAT. But you are misspelling Veganomicon and it's making it really difficult to google myself.

jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

whoa, I've been misspelling it for over a year then! What took you so long?

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

I must admit, I HAVE been wondering when I'd be able to truly "get sconed" when visiting your blog :0)

as usual, everything looks totally mouth-watering - I can't wait for my copy of Veganomicon to arrive in the mail!

Anonymous said...

Wohoo, scones!

Also, that's one of the tastiest looking tofu scrambles of all times! I'm so bad at making tofu scramle, it usually tastes like.. ehm, something really bland!

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

Okay, I can't hate on scones when they look like that!

jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

Taylor - they're extra large pitted black olives from Trader Joe's!

anna/village vegan said...

Peach scones? Swoon! Oh, and that scramble looks amazing.

bazu said...

I've now officially gotten sconed. Thanks!