Saturday, May 06, 2006

corn cakes!

Vegan corncake with organic maple syrup and a dab of whipped earth balance, orange slices & homefries with ketchup. The homefries were cooked with spike, freshly ground pepper, sea salt, garlic powder & emeril's spice mix. The corn cake recipe is adapted from How it All Vegan, believe it or not. Thomas said these was the best pancakes I've ever made ; )
Thank you, Dreena, for getting corn cakes stuck in my head!


vegancore said...

Corn cakes sound amazing. What recipe were these adapted from? I have HIAV never really use it, so I wouldn't even know where to start looking.

jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

These were adapted for a recipe for blueberry corncakes, plus a couple tablespoons of sugar or a good squirt of agave, minus the bluebs.

Megan the Vegan said...

Hey Jess...can you tell me about Earth Balance? It seems every vegan blog mentions it. I've seen it in the health food stores, but never buy it cause it's about double the price that I pay for vegan margarine in the regular grocery store. Is there something special about it? Better tasting, organic???

Corn cakes look yummm