Thursday, March 23, 2006

Crappy photos from Paradox Cafe

Vegan mac and cheez..I strongly think they changed the sauce recipe. I used to love it, and this time it tasted like poo and onion powder (and yes a sprinkle of nutritional yeast) Oh well, I got through maybe a quarter of it and gave up. Tommy didn't like the leftovers either. Breakfast for dinner for my boyfriend: vegan corn cake with maple syrup and soy margarine, potatoes and scrambled eggs.

Stoplight across from The Daily Grind..


Harmonia said...

Poo and onion powder, eh? WOW. LOL

Still love to hear about your adventures and see the pics!

I posted alittle today but it wasn't much still really busy! Geez, when I get back into full force look out! I will have a lot to post!

Haven't been oing much cooking...haven't had time, haven't been inspired, and the stuff I did make was aweful! A horrible pea soup, especially! ICK! :x

Anything else new with you?

Ms. Mercedes said...

haha, poo and onion powder. you made me laugh =)

Can I say it...I really don't like nutritional yeast. *vegan gods don't strike me down!* Maybe I just haven't had it enough. I'm a firm believer in letting your tastebuds adjust to new flavors, but the last 3 or 4 recipes I've used it in, it's so detectable and just icky to me. Oh well...

So do ya'll have any raw/living foods restaurants out in Portland? That's my new thing and I'm so fascinated and intrigued by it.

jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

Hi Harmonia- Indeed those were the flavors! Great multi-posts today, by the way~
I send you motivation to get back on the cooking horse, but I totally understand. This weekend I want to cook a really good meal - and have one out : )

Ms. Mercedes- I'm glad I could amuse ; ) Sadly my dislike of onions is ridiculously serious. As for raw - there is no all-raw place that I know of but Blossoming Lotus has a bunch of options, and so do a couple other places. There's a raw dinner group/delivery service/company as well. I believe the name is Smart Monkey Foods~ Congrats on your new whole foods focus : )