Yo, vegan bloggers! VeganMoFo III starts today, which happens to be World Vegetarian Day.
Can you feel the positivity? Can you feel the celebration of broccoli? Have you stocked your fridge with at least four varieties of non dairy milk or the means to make them from scratch?
My goals for VeganMoFo 2009:
- Posting every weekday, and some weekends.
- Product Reviews I've neglected. So many coming! I seriously dreamt about Black Cherry Cool Cups the other night.
- A recap of this weekend's Fakin' Fest Picnic in Portland, which Maeve and I have thrown together. Come by with a fake bacon dish if you're around!
- Working on a Fake Bacon exhibit I'm sure I'll post about.
- Posting more restaurant reviews on Stumptown Vegans.
- Checking out new vegan-ness in Portland, as usual.
For example, a Panko crusted roll from Sushi Tree in the
new Mississippi Marketplace.
It's an all vegetarian sushi stand that offers vegan cream cheese, thinly sliced smoked tofu, tamari and all natural ingredients.
Other vegan options in the Marketplace include vegan pizza with FYH at the pizza cart, the all vegan Ruby Dragon (get the Jade Abbot with kale avocado lemon salad. Now) & opening this weekend - Julie Hasson's Native Bowl!
- Recapping vegan eats in Spokane, WA and Laguna Beach, CA (totes traveled with Joni of Just the Food to Native Foods and Veggie Grill!)
- Pondering vegan fine dining
- A new VeganMoFo survey (I've already seen one this year, but I had fun writing one last year so I intend to do that again).
- Oh, cooking at home!
- A sequel to my Examination of Soy Lattes. I've love to see others do this, just saying! Wink, wink, wink, wink. My friend Evan, who coincidentally, was in PDX for the visit to the coffee cart below, has started an espresso blog in NYC that I find delightful: Drowning in Demitasse.
Soy Latte from the Spella cart, downtown Portland.
Small batch, local roaster.
So, what are your goals? What am I missing??