Thursday, October 01, 2009

VeganMoFo III, it's heeeere. My Goals!

Yo, vegan bloggers! VeganMoFo III starts today, which happens to be World Vegetarian Day.
Can you feel the positivity? Can you feel the celebration of broccoli? Have you stocked your fridge with at least four varieties of non dairy milk or the means to make them from scratch?

My goals for VeganMoFo 2009:

  • Posting every weekday, and some weekends.
  • Product Reviews I've neglected. So many coming! I seriously dreamt about Black Cherry Cool Cups the other night.
  • A recap of this weekend's Fakin' Fest Picnic in Portland, which Maeve and I have thrown together. Come by with a fake bacon dish if you're around!
  • Working on a Fake Bacon exhibit I'm sure I'll post about.
  • Posting more restaurant reviews on Stumptown Vegans.
  • Checking out new vegan-ness in Portland, as usual.
For example, a Panko crusted roll from Sushi Tree in the
new Mississippi Marketplace.

It's an all vegetarian sushi stand that offers vegan cream cheese, thinly sliced smoked tofu, tamari and all natural ingredients.
Other vegan options in the Marketplace include vegan pizza with FYH at the pizza cart, the all vegan Ruby Dragon (get the Jade Abbot with kale avocado lemon salad. Now) & opening this weekend - Julie Hasson's Native Bowl!

  • Recapping vegan eats in Spokane, WA and Laguna Beach, CA (totes traveled with Joni of Just the Food to Native Foods and Veggie Grill!)
  • Pondering vegan fine dining
  • A new VeganMoFo survey (I've already seen one this year, but I had fun writing one last year so I intend to do that again).
  • Oh, cooking at home!
  • A sequel to my Examination of Soy Lattes. I've love to see others do this, just saying! Wink, wink, wink, wink. My friend Evan, who coincidentally, was in PDX for the visit to the coffee cart below, has started an espresso blog in NYC that I find delightful: Drowning in Demitasse.
Soy Latte from the Spella cart, downtown Portland.

Small batch, local roaster.


So, what are your goals? What am I missing??

12 comments:

Veg-In-Training said...

Oh I'm so excited about Julie's cart! Your blogs rock!!!

Alin said...

I'm with Kim, soooo excited for Julie's cart! Cannot wait to hear your take on it.

You are so prepared and well-thought-out! Makes me ner ous, I got nothin'.

Caity said...

Great goals! I'm looking forward to hearing more from you!! Those sushi rolls look amazing!!

Trinity (of haiku tofu) said...

I can feel the positivity!!! ;)

Chelsea said...

Veggie sushi in Portland! Yesssss!

bjorkedoff said...

oooh,i <3 that coffee blawg!

KitteeBee said...

go jess, go jess!

xo
kittee

The Voracious Vegan said...

Can't wait to see your mofo posts, sounds awesome. That sushi roll is BEAUTIFUL, look at those colors!

Dani Tofu said...

i always get so excited when you post. thanks for the updates.

aimee said...

I actually do have 4 different types of non-dairy milk in my fridge right now! Maybe I'll blog about it!

Mihl said...

Wow, how beautiful are those rolls!

Tami said...

Ooh, I'm looking forward to your survey. The last one was really fun!