Thursday, October 29, 2009

I <3 The Hungry Tiger Too

There is so much I could say about their tempeh bacon sandwiches, tator tots, all day sippers, giant pancakes, butternut squash wontons, and mushy, tasty tofu scrambles. There is quite a bit I have said.

So, short on time, nearing the end of VeganMoFo, I bring you a recent dinner-for-breakfast at my favorite really-vegan-friendly greasy spoon in SE Portland.

The Greek Tofu Scramble with rye toast, soy margarine and hash browns.


..because I really, really like kalamata olives. And the Hungry Tiger Too. I mean, they have $1 vegan corn dog and $1 Pabst Tallboy Wednesdays. That's grown into hip madness and I don't find myself weekly anymore (and I pass on the corn dogs and head to half a vegan caeser with tempeh bacon, mostly likely), but it's awesome to know it's happening in this city.

And borrowing this, to truly honor her creativity, that squash and the establishment -

Millie's Halloween Pumpkin - modeled after HT2's mascot!

HT2's mascot:


Next up: Karla and I share some favorites!
And Vegan Eating in Spokane, WA

9 comments:

veggievixen said...

that all sounds so good. i wish dc was that vegan-friendly. i would be happier.

the pumpkin is amazing! mad skills.

Whitney @ Lettuce Love said...

Wow that pumpkin is killer Talent ;)

ApdxB said...

HG2 is so great. Those squash wontons are ridiculous! Also a huge fan of the veg reuben.

Unknown said...

I could eat tofu scramble, toast, and hashbrowns every day of my life.

Unknown said...

i so wish i hadn't had such a horrible first impression of the HTT! gorgeous pumpkin!

millie said...

aw, shucks!

VeganView said...

OMG! I lived next to the PF Changs in Boca Raton when I was in college and ate there 5 nights a week, no joke. Ma Po tofu is my fave, and I am pretty sure that Boca doesn't allow cockroaches to be in their city ;) But damn that is tragic , I hope you still enjoy their lettuce wraps! Great post by the way! Happy Halloween!

sales leads said...

Squash wonton? Ridiculous.

diet pill that works said...

I was scared with the tiger image you have their.