Thursday, October 29, 2009

I <3 The Hungry Tiger Too

There is so much I could say about their tempeh bacon sandwiches, tator tots, all day sippers, giant pancakes, butternut squash wontons, and mushy, tasty tofu scrambles. There is quite a bit I have said.

So, short on time, nearing the end of VeganMoFo, I bring you a recent dinner-for-breakfast at my favorite really-vegan-friendly greasy spoon in SE Portland.

The Greek Tofu Scramble with rye toast, soy margarine and hash browns.


..because I really, really like kalamata olives. And the Hungry Tiger Too. I mean, they have $1 vegan corn dog and $1 Pabst Tallboy Wednesdays. That's grown into hip madness and I don't find myself weekly anymore (and I pass on the corn dogs and head to half a vegan caeser with tempeh bacon, mostly likely), but it's awesome to know it's happening in this city.

And borrowing this, to truly honor her creativity, that squash and the establishment -

Millie's Halloween Pumpkin - modeled after HT2's mascot!

HT2's mascot:


Next up: Karla and I share some favorites!
And Vegan Eating in Spokane, WA

10 comments:

veggievixen said...

that all sounds so good. i wish dc was that vegan-friendly. i would be happier.

the pumpkin is amazing! mad skills.

Whitney @ Lettuce Love said...

Wow that pumpkin is killer Talent ;)

ApdxB said...

HG2 is so great. Those squash wontons are ridiculous! Also a huge fan of the veg reuben.

Tracy Warner said...

I could eat tofu scramble, toast, and hashbrowns every day of my life.

Erica said...

i so wish i hadn't had such a horrible first impression of the HTT! gorgeous pumpkin!

millie said...

aw, shucks!

VeganView said...

OMG! I lived next to the PF Changs in Boca Raton when I was in college and ate there 5 nights a week, no joke. Ma Po tofu is my fave, and I am pretty sure that Boca doesn't allow cockroaches to be in their city ;) But damn that is tragic , I hope you still enjoy their lettuce wraps! Great post by the way! Happy Halloween!

sales leads said...

Squash wonton? Ridiculous.

diet pill that works said...

I was scared with the tiger image you have their.

anywhere_Smile said...

Now that we have described discount links of london the one way linking process, how can you get links of london silver websites to link just to you? One answer is that it is links of london sale dependent on your sites content, especially if you links london jewellery have unique content. Other websites will link cheap links of london to you if you have interesting content that links london bracelet compliments their content. The problem is that you london links charms really have to have something exceptional. links of london watches sale One easy way to get a type of one way link called discount links of london rings a back-link. These are links to articles that you cheap links of london necklaces have written and distributed through article directories.