Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Farewell, tomatoes.

I'll miss you. I'll pretend you only exist in non-gmo cans until late spring once more. Watery, pale tomatoes are pointless.

I suppose I can think of it this way, instead of new episodes of LOST to keep my life exciting, I get flavorful, local tomatoes during the rest of the year. It doesn't exactly pair up, but you get the idea...if you adore Benjamin, like I do.

In Denial Cherry Tomatoes

Just look at them. I noticed they were in denial about the season the first moment they came into view. Somehow, inside, I knew this would be my last chance, my last hope, for tomato sweetness. Truly, they were sweet. They had flavor. They were in denial about the oncoming Autumn.

Only two more weeks of my precious downtown farmers market! [weekday]

Here's my haul from last Wednesday:

I've been throwing green cabbage and peppers into everything I've been cooking!
And creeping my sister out by eating raw corn. Over the phone.

Till we meet again, peppers...

Don't fret, I'll be stalking the farmars until tomatoes and peppers are truly pathetic/not present.

The dramatic black & white stand I bought my cabbage from.

You can feel the mood of this post.

Happy Hoodie weather to all!
I hope you're prepared with a new Herbivore sweatshirt!

11 comments:

Becca Elouise said...

I love Benjamin Linus. And I love tomatoes.

Sigh.

Sarah said...

Tomatoes, how I'll miss thee <3

millie said...

sorry to be totally clueless, but what is that beautiful orange squashy-looking thing in the center of that photo?

Jeni Treehugger said...

Ahhh yes, tomatoes. Parting is such sweet sorrow. I am super excited about the new series of LOST!

Kuntrageous said...

since discovering the joys of raw corn myself recently; i rarely eat it any other way and everyone around me seems grossed out as well...until i force them to take a bite heh.
is that a red kuri squash? it looks like one i have at home :)

Laura said...

ben is THE best tv character ever!! that is a wonderful way to look at things! if i can't have delicious summer produce, esp. tomatoes, i can have lost!! good call.

Erica said...

i'm so sad for tomato season to be gone as well. i pretty much just don't eat tomatos the rest of the year. my plants still have some green ones but i'm low on hope...

Cafe Cyan said...

So sad, right? I keep telling my husband, "but summer was just the other day." It's so depressing. Ugh. Let's not think about it ;)

cash advance said...

Why say goodbye to tomatoes? Would even love to have a cash advance and buy basketful of tomatoes.

pandoraing said...

pandora jewelry For the most part, ankle bracelets are cheap pandora beads casual accessories: they are best pandora beads sale worn on an ordinary day out having fun. Multicolored pandora beads sale anklets woven from fibers or threads look pandora glass beads great with casual sandals or flip-flops. However, ankle pandora bracelet bracelets made of fine-spun gold and pandora bangle silver make a beautiful tandem with fashion shoes, and Pandora necklace look great for formal events. There are many different kinds of leather bands available in cheap pandora charms stores now. For women, colored leather or pandora earrings suede bracelets and watch bands are popular.For pandora beads men, it is popular for the bands to pandora jewellery be a little wider, 2 inches or more. With a cheap pandora leather wristband or cuff watch band, it is popular pandora uk now for the band to have a lot of texture, layers pandora bracelets sale of leather, stitching or weaving. Also, it pandora bangles has become quite popular for people pandora necklaces to have their initials, name or a phrase pandora earrings engraved into the leather. There are many places pandora sets available online that can do that pandora charms now. Three years ago, leather wrist accessories became available online with a much better selection than what was available in most retail stores.

www.espaƱa-3d.com said...

It can't work in fact, that is exactly what I believe.