Thursday, September 24, 2009

VeganMoFo III Approaches!

Dum dum dum! It's coming.

The Vegan Month of Food returns October 1st with a third year of vegan culinary blogging madness. Who's down?

The idea originated with Isa Chandra Moskowitz on the Post Punk Kitchen forums, and this year, Kittee is hosting the official sign up here on Kitteekake. She asks that you please sign up by October 2nd. It's a fulfilling experience and always brings new and seasoned vegan food bloggers into the fold.


If you feel like a vegan blogging adventure and are looking for ideas, check out my posts from 2007 and 2008.

Post about recipes, meal plans, restaurant experiences, favorites, fill out surveys, showcase pictures of your cat eating spinach, your friend with peas stuck up their nose, famous vegan celebrities you crush on, grocery shopping, etc. I'm trying to get my new website together in time! If you're in Portland, check out the VeganMoFo Workshop at the Bye & Bye on Thursday, October 1st.

Look, it's practically a MoFo post!

Recent trip to Fubonn

Who wants to make salad rolls? I do!

14 comments:

sgcorrie said...

You're making me salad rolls? That's so sweet!

jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

Totes would!

Tami said...

I wonder how many of us are actually on Year 3 of MoFo? I'm stockpiling posts already....

IsaChandra said...

No stockpiling, Tami! The judges are watching!

(just kidding n00bz, there are no judges.)

Everyone should join and come to the writing workshop. Maybe there will be cookies?

Natalie said...

Jess - I have pictures of my cat eating spinach (one of his favorites) and I'm signed up to do VeganMoFo III - were you talking about me or is there someone else who also has pics of the kitty eating spinach? I would love to see!

The Voracious Vegan said...

Can't wait for the veganmofo adventures to begin! This will be my first year participating and I'm really excited.

couchSpud said...

The problem I always encounter with vegan shopping is that items are more expensive, especially meat substitutes. I usually go with peanut butter, eggs, yogurt, cottage cheese, etc.

Bianca said...

I'm Mofo-ing this year! I don't know why I never signed up before, seeing as how I post nearly every week day anyway.

BTW, I listened to one of the Stumptown Vegan podcasts last week in my car on a road trip. I'd downloaded a bunch of vegan podcasts, and that was one. It was cool to hear your voice in real life! (it was the podcast about outdoor dining).

jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

Natalie - That's precious! My calico, Zelda, also loves fresh greens. I haven't posted it here in a while, though.

Isa - What's maybe mean?

Bianca - I am touched you listened!

Trinity (of haiku tofu) said...

i'm vegetarian, but i'd be down for some vegan mofo posting. i've been thinking a lot about going vegan lately anyways. would i be welcome in the hardcore vegan scene?

jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

Ms. T - Come on down!

Caity said...

I can't wait! I am so excited to participate this year!! :D

Trinity (of haiku tofu) said...

I'm in Jess!

muebles said...

Oh my god, there's so much helpful info here!