Tuesday, September 09, 2008

cake!

I celebrated my twenty-sixth birthday this past weekend and had the delight of two cakes, fruit picking, dinner, a pub crawl and celebrating galore.  Food Fight! and Scapegoat's wild Anniversary party just happened to be on my actual birthday, September 7th, so I just happened to spend time there as well after brunch at Junior's with friends.
It was also the first time in a few years I didn't make my own vegan birthday cake, and if you're going to get a vegan cake anywhere in Portland, let it be from the super talented bakers at Sweetpea Baking Company  It was FANTASTIC!

Chic-o-Stick Cake, by the lovely Katie Jane at Sweetpea

Entitled both "Here's Your Fucking Cake" and "I Love Jess" on the side. 

Coconut cake, Peanut Butter buttercream, Chocolate Mousse filling, Crushed Chic-o-Sticks

Webly and I went (underripe, but still! awesome!) peach picking on Saturday on Sauvie Island.  
The perfect way to spend a birthday weekend afternoon!  


And after a day of being nibbled by coworkers, the Chocolate and Jam Whole Foods cake my office got for me!  It was kinda dry, but regardless, sweet to get!

That's all.  It was a magical weekend!  

26 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Between the goodies from Sauvie Island, and those gorgeous cakes, I'd say that your birthday was QUITE delicious :0) Happy belated birthday!!

Jenni (aka Vegyogini) said...

Happy belated birthday!

Lisa (Show Me Vegan) said...

Happy Birthday! That cake looks beautiful. And it's nice that you got a year off from baking your own!

Katy said...

Happy birthday! All the food looks fabulous!

megan said...

Your cake is awesome!

Sal - AlienOnToast said...

That cake sounds amazing! Happy belated birthday as well.

Taylor said...

Happiest of birthdays! That Chick-o-stick cake sounds amazing.

JENNA said...

Happy belated Birthday Jess! Sounds like a great birthday weekend. If I ever make it out to Portland I want an Chic o Stick cake all for myself!

funwithyourfood said...

HAHA love that cake!!

happy bday :) you're only a couple month older than me.

Teddy

Vegan_Noodle said...

That is an awesome birthday cake... our birthdays are only a day apart! (mine was yesterday)

Happy late birthday!!

urban vegan said...

Well happy f*ing belated b'day, Jess. Looks like you got the recognition you deserve ;)

XOXO

aTxVegn said...

Happy Birthday, Jess! That cake made me LOL, then I read the description - yum!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday virgo girl. Mine is at the end of the month - I will be having a very decadent vegan cake myself.

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

Damn! Sounds like an awesome birthday celebration!

Kati said...

Happy Birthday Jess! That Sweetpea cake looks so awesome. I'll also be 26 in just about two months. Where does the time go??

Destiny's Kitchen said...

Happy birthday! I had a Chick-O-Stick cake for my birthday this year too! They're the best.

julie hasson said...

Wow, what an awesome cake Jess!! I missed out on some Chico-Stick deliciousness.

Happy Birthday!

Julie

Bianca said...

Happy B-day! I so wish I could have a slice of that Chic-O-Stick Cake!

Karla said...

you had a great birthday, jd!
next time i'm staying for cake. alas, i was tired and confused. :o)
thanks for the good times!

Jessica Crossfield said...

I just think it is awesome that we share the same name, the same birthday AND turned the same age! September 7, 1982 was a special day!

Happy Birthday!!

Anonymous said...

Oops it's belated but Happy Birthday! 26 is a good year be presumably you've overcome the quarter-life crisis stage of life!

jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

whoa, happy birthday Jessica Crossfield!

Anonymous said...

I got a Whole Foods 'chocolate vegan torte' (layered cake with mousse-like frosting) from co-workers on my birthday--mine was dry too.

But wow. I have to get me some eggplant, stat.

Anonymous said...

Hey! We have the same birthday! Hope yours was awesome -- that is the best cake decorating EVER :) :) :)

Animal-Friendly said...

Happy Late Birthday! That cake looks awesome and I love the message written on top of it :)

Anonymous said...

I'm obviously a little behind on blogging but happy belated birthday anyway.

Your cake rocks!