Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Soup is Easy.

Make shift minestrone = instant soul warming
betweenxmasandny 089

Tonight I came home a brisk walk to and fro the video store, and knew I wanted soup. I had leftover sliced vegetables from my new year's shindig, marinara sauce from last week, and assorted cooked beans in the freezer. The soup above contains minced garlic, herbs, better than veggie bullion, touch of olive oil, lemon juice, marinara, celery, carrots, red bell pepper, beans, leftover vegetable pasta, chard, spinach, crushed red pepper and I'm sure more I'm not naming off the top of my head. Big bowl of soup + leftover ciabatta = Mmmm, and lunch for the rest of the the week~

7 comments:

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

Mmm, soup! My friends & I are having a vegan soup competition this month & I have no idea what to make!

n/a said...

That soup looks so good. I love pasta spirals & I haven't had minestrone in years!

Anonymous said...

I am so curious what you rented from the video store!

The soup looks great too! I made Joanna's butternut lasagna last night. It took me 2 hours but it was good!

jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

Melisser - make the peanut eggplant from nomicon! it's practically snazzy. (and if I recall correct you don't do cilantro, BUT I made the soup with parsley)

Cherie - How have *you* missed out on minestrone for so many years??

Megan - I rented Hot Rod. It was not funny. At all.

I do however, have a butternut squash at home that needs to be used..

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

did you know that January is National Soup Month?? It really is!! So your scrumptious soup is quite fitting :0)

Happy belated new year, Jess!!

MeloMeals said...

Beautiful. Soup is my all time favorite thing to make and eat.

Unknown said...

Did you ever divulge the recipe for this yummy-looking soup?