Sunday, November 18, 2007

Mmmm, brown sugar

****************************************************************************
Full sized Sweet Potato Pie Casserole, pre-baked.
You can see my extra sprinkle of brown sugar on top. I also added at least another cup's worth of pecans on top, and some cinnamon to the mash.

November 017

I had worried that I was bringing too much sweet potato pie casserole to my friend's vegan Thanksgiving potluck this evening, even though she thought 20ish people were coming - who wants to lug a dish across town and then home again?
Fortunately, I came home with a serving or two left, just the right amount for leftovers. After making such a giant amount of these, from giant yams, no less, I've decided that I'm set for the holiday season. Perhaps I'll make it again for xmas, but I'm good for Thursday.

Baked:
November 018

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks really good! I can't wait to make it for my Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Just gorgeous! I like your decoration on top. Perfect for a potluck.

Anonymous said...

It was deeeelicious!

love,
Michelle

julie hasson said...

Hey Jess!

I'm so sad that I missed the feast yesterday. Your dish looks so yummy!

Ashasarala said...

It looks so good. I just made a similar recipe, apple kugel. Mine was a little dry, and I would have preferred sweet potatoes. Oh, well. Yours looks much better. :)

Anonymous said...

That looks SO good! I love sweet potato pie!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

wow, wow, WOW!! this Sweet Potato Pie Casserole is SPECTACULAR!! hey, if you ever have extra leftovers (especially of a dish like that), feel free to mail the rest to me :0D

Rage And Love said...

Oh-My-Gosh!!!

I need to make!

Anonymous said...

How beautiful! Your pecans look lovely on top. I have a veg potluck coming up that this would be perfect for, I think...

Courtney

Joni Marie Newman said...

so pretty. i love your pecan pattern. i just bought sweet potatoes and yams today...

Anonymous said...

this looks awesome!!

Vegan_Noodle said...

Yum yum yum... love your design in the pecans too! Thank goodness you had some leftover to enjoy later!