Sunday, August 26, 2007

Red & Black Vegan Dinner 2 & Roses

Last weekend, I attended the second Vegan Family Style dinner benefit for Red & Black cafe. My dining company included fellow vegan bloggers Shaun and her boyfriend, and Karla of the new Vegan Shizzle review site.

Here's what I enjoyed...
Gazpacho


Summer Berry Salad


Mashed potatoes with roasted corn and green beans

Marinaded kabobs of vegetables and tempeh

Garlicky green and yellow beans


Peach pie!


Earlier that day, Thomas and I took his parents from MA to the Rose Test Gardens...




4 comments:

River said...

What lovely roses! And what beautiful dishes you created too. The berry salad is right up my street. Greens taste EVER so much nicer when they are accompanied by berries. In the winter I use dried ones! We rarely do mashed potatoes and when we do I don't PUT things in them. I see that I should. Lovely combo there in your photo! Thanks for the idea! Hugs.

Anonymous said...

wow, the food looks delicious and the roses are so gorgeous!

Vegan_Noodle said...

Mmm, looks like another amazing dinner! For some reason I am really craving those green an yellow beans.
Gorgeous roses!

jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

River - thanks for the compliment, but I didn't make these creations - they were from a vegan dinner benefit I attended..