Thursday, July 26, 2007

Portland SE Bake Sale 7/28 and this week in food

Thank you guys for visting my last post and visually experiencing the Red & Black dinner!

I also wanted to invite those who will be in town this weekend, to visit the Southeast Division/Clinton street fair, where I'll be somewhere selling some baked goods - giant cookies, neon cupcakes, mini tarts, bars and more.

I'll be selling on SE Division between SE 21st/22nd, in the Butler Promotions lot across from Red & Black Cafe. Come check it out if you can!!

I'm feeling silly, though content about the whole thing. Plus, it's sooo close to my apartment I can't complain.

Onto blueberry appreciation week:

Blueberry Banana Coconut Muffins. Low fat, low sugar, whole wheat white flour indeed.


Blueberry Raspberry waffle, with roasted garlic tofu scramble in the back.


Aaaand last night's dinner:

Grilled chicken style seitan, eggplant, portabella mushroom, tomato/basil mixture, toasted pine nuts and a side salad. The grilled pieces were marinated in pesto, white wine, olive oil, garlic & balsamic vinegar.


So, stop on by on Saturday if you have the chance!

14 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

those muffins and waffles with the blueberries look soooo delicious, oh my goodness. as usual, Jess, the abundance of food that you exhibit in practically every post is a feast for the eyes! :0)

Anna said...

I like this idea of a chicken-style seitan! Is this by chance the recipe from Real Food Daily? I just bought this cookbook and have been thinking about trying it. And the muffins look yummy and sound reasonably healthy too--something I'm thinking about since we seem to be baking more often these days(gotta at least try to make some healthy stuff along with the decadent). Wish I could drop by your stall at the fair!

shaun.marie said...

That seitan looks so good. I haven't made seitan in forever, so at some point you'll have to direct me to your favorite recipe.
I'm sure I'll be by sometime on Saturday - see you there!

Anonymous said...

So sad I'm not in town. Those muffins look scrumptious and the waffles - oh my! What a simple but quick and easy marinade for the seitan. It looks so fresh and colorful with the tomatos on top.

Kayla said...

Wish I was in town this weekend. I would love to get some yummy goods from you. Those muffins sound great, and what a big scrumptious looking waffle! You're food always inspires me. Good luck with the sales.

erica said...

Do any of those baked goods you'll be selling have no sugar and no flour? I'm guessing not :( Damn!

MeloMeals said...

Yay for the selling of vegan baked goods! How fun!!

The grilled seitan looks great... as do all your grilled creations!

KleoPatra said...

As if i needed ANOTHER reason to want to live near you!!!

Everything looks amazing. i really do wish i could be there tomorrow for the bake sale!

Hope it all goes well - how could it not?

Blueberry Appreciation Week. i love it...

Karla said...

jd, look what i made!

bazu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
bazu said...

Ohh I so wish I could have been there! I hope your sale went well- ie, you sold out!

P.S. I'd appreciate any advice you could give- I'm thinking of starting to sell some baked goods to raise money for good causes in local fairs around Syracuse, so send some wisdom my way!

Vegan_Noodle said...

Wish I was living in Portland...if so I wouldn't miss your cookies for the world!

Caty said...

Everything looks yummy but the muffins are my favourite.

sex shop said...

It will not really have effect, I feel like this.