Sunday, April 09, 2006

Who likes turnip raab?

Turnip raab, purchased from the farmer's market:
My tentative plans include oil & garlic with cherry tomatoes and cremini mushrooms - possibly over pasta, and steamed with lemon juice and braggs...I am very open to suggestions! Depending on the taste, I may have it with coconut-curry peanut sauce and carrots - I made a batch of sauce this weekend, near my ideal consistency and flavor and have it in the fridge.

Blood orange-Tangelo scones with toasted almonds
I used the orange scone recipe from Vegan with a Vengeneace, and since I had no oranges I subbed a blood orange and a tangelo for the peel & juice. Because I love them, I also added toasted almonds on top of half the scones. The icing is also blood orange-tangelo flavored. These scones are so amazing well flavored.


diana said...

Dear friend,
I saw your weblog and it was
interesting for me. I hope successful for you.
I would like to introduce an address that you will find very interesting and beautiful templates for your weblog that offer you.
Best Weblog Templates Pack

EatPeacePlease said...

Your sweet treats are amazing. Wait, how many times have I told you that?!?

Vicki said...

OMG! Those scones look & sound amazing! great pic, & I wish we could buy some of those at the daily grind.
I'm jealous that your farmer's market is up & going, ours doesn't start again until the 22nd. Your plans for the turnip raab sound delish...what an interesting looking plant. have you cooked w/it before?

Ms. Mercedes said...

those scones are bee-utiful, as are those greens! I would use them in green smoothies, but that's my raw self talkin' =)

primaryconsumer said...

Cool! I've never heard of turnip raab before, only broccoli raab. And those scones look absolutely amazing! I'm getting Vegan with a Vengeance soon, and I can't wait.

Dori said...

I like greens. We have to wait until end of May for a farmer's market and then it's only early sprong stuff.

My favorite green is Spanish Style Greens and Potato soup... I like turnip greens with. Another favorite is simply southern style greens. I savory tart os sounding good also.

Scones, wow.

vegancore said...

Holy YUM. Those look absolutely amazing. love orange-flavored anything.

KaiVegan said...

At first I thought the greens were Chinese broccoli. I'd go with steamed with braggs and lemon juice. Yum.
You make the most amazing bakegoods. You should really consider doing this for a living!

Webly said...

tHOSE Are some nice looking scones!