Saturday, February 11, 2006

Saturday Breakfast, hello weekend.



This morning I had the rare pleasure of enjoying breakfast with my boyfriend. We had homefries (seasoned with spike, paprika, fresh ground pepper, sea salt and a small dash of emeril's), Mocha Chip Muffins from the PPK and tangelo slices. I bought a couple of tangelos, everyone's favorite breast fruit, on sale last nigh. The only things I changed about the muffin recipe were adding almonds (totally worked) & using flax powder/soy milk instead of the soy yogurt. It was a lovely treat/though wierd guilty pleasure to have a sweet 'dessert' muffin. Tommy had wildberry zinger tea and I had choice organic spearmint/peppermint tea.
We breakfasted and listened to David Sedaris NPR recordings.

12 comments:

Amanda said...

Aww, thanks sounds like such a nice breakfast. Especially the muffins. I'm a sucker for baked goods.

I've never tried a tangelo. Intriguing.

jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

I prefer tangelos to oranges, I actually picked up two more at the store this morning.

Anonymous said...

I made those muffins an extremely long time ago- they were one of my very first vegan baking successes.

lovely breakfast!

Merce said...

wow, glad to hear the mocha chips were a success--I want to try those TOO! That cookbook is insanely good.

Looks beautiful!

jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

The muffins aren't going into regular rotation, but they were a still very good, just not something I'd crave. I don't think I'd like them as much without the almonds either.

Anonymous said...

mmmmmmm. we have really old instant coffee that i'd love to use up.

thanks for the idear. :-)

sarchan said...

Aw, I love David Sedaris. I've been meaning to try out those muffins sometime. Looks good.

jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

supercarrot- it's good to hear from you! Thank you again for setting up my feed!

sarchan- excellent taste on Mr. Sedaris!

Danielle said...

Breast fruit?!

Harmonia said...

You know me! BIG tea Fan!

chaindropz said...

wild berry Zinger is a great tea. Tommy may appreciate it more when he is older.

jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

chaindropz - We both enjoy that tea : )