Saturday, February 18, 2006

Nuts and not nuts

Sweet & Spicy roasted cashews - a work in progress. I bought a big bag of unsalted cashews from Wild Oats for 90 cents recently and decided to play around. These are roasted with agave nectar, sea salt and cayenne pepper. The pasta dish includes whole wheat penne, oil & garlic as always, asparagus and tomatoes. I don't like to buy asparagus out of its local season, but I could't resist at 1.99/lb at Wild Oats, on the same nut deal day. Sorry, no real recipes to update with today, but I will share that my cat Huxley apparently enjoys rice milk. I very rarely have it in the house, and I had some with my strawberry/flax granola this morning and he pretty much dove in..

9 comments:

Eat Peace Please said...

Yum. I love nuts and not nuts!

Eat Peace Please said...

I linked you. Tell me if I shouldn't have, ok... I really like your blog, especially all the sweets. Keep up the sweets, I love it!

jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

Thank you! I'm in a big nut phase right now.

Elizabeth said...

My daughter has been trying to lure the neighbor cats with soy milk, but all she got was frozen soy milk. ;-)

Amanda said...

Cashews for 90 cents?!? I would've bought every bag they had!

runny_yolk said...

Ooh those nuts looks great - what else are you trying??

jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

Well, I keep my kitties away from soy milk, so now rice milk is on the list too. They never went soy milk really, though.

purl princess- thanks for commenting!
The other new food in my life isn't quite so exciting, it's a reintroduction and repurchase of goddess dressing for my salads (well trader joe's version). However, the morning may call for pancakes, tempeh bacon and homefries. We'll see..

Harmonia said...

I am going to buy some asparagus tonight! Thanks for the "egging" on.

Great pics!

herbalwellspring said...

Thank you for this article, pretty helpful information.