Thursday, January 26, 2006

have a cookie:


Based the 'classic' Toll House recipe:

Chocolate Chip cookies with coconut and chopped macadamia nuts and almonds.

I halved the recipe, cut down on a bit of sugar, used earth balance for butter, added a tiny pinch of cinnamon and used 1.5 tablespoons of plain silk yogurt for my 'egg'. Soy Yogurt, especially when moistness is desired, is my saving grace of an egg replacer.

Dinner was yet again a spinach-garlic-roasted cremini mushroom dish with the addition of roasted red peppers and whole wheat penne, topped with Muir Glen Fire Roasted Tomato Sauce.

5 comments:

SDGvegan said...

mmm those cookies look delicious :) I am working on a cookie recipe that I might use silk yogurt with, as well.

Harmonia said...

Seeing all of these vegan cookie, brownies, etc. are making me so munchie. I can't bake at all. Wish I could.

Harmonia said...

Seeing all of these vegan cookie, brownies, etc. are making me so munchie. I can't bake at all. Wish I could.

sarchan said...

Oh goodness, those look so good! Chocolate chip cookies with coconut AND macadamia nuts. I have been going through chocolate cravings recently, and if those were in my house I think I would gain 5 pounds, heheh.

Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

oh my. those look awesome. when are you coming over to bake for me? :)