...and my friend Maeve has yet to take off the tiara that adorned the top of this birthday cake. I brought this cake to a joint birthday celebration for her and her friend Caitlin. Not pictured are the matching earrings that came with the tiara, that I don't think Caitlin has taken off either.
Not surprising, I mean, just look at those jewels.
This was actually the first time I've ever made the NEW VEGAN CLASSIC Raspberry Blackout cake from Vegan with a Vengeance. How odd.
Some thoughts on this, all numbered:
1) I'm a PPK cult member, what's taken me so long?
2) Baking cakes is fun! What's taken me so long?
3) I remember when Isa posted this cake on Livejournal's Vegancooking community years ago, before you could type! Before I could type!? What's taken me so long???
4) I'm spoiled with gee-orgeous personalized cakes from Sweetpea nowadays, love it! That's been delaying this.
5) Maeve told me she wanted me to bake this cake, so I did.
I baked, melted the ganache & our friend Jeff frosted.
Is there too much booze in sight for public viewing of this photo? I also brought vodka I'd infused with vanilla beans and local basil (that Maeve grew!) and vodka infused with coffee and more vanilla beans.
We meant to remove the tiara before lighting all 43 candles. Hilarity ensued.