Wednesday, July 15, 2009

It's been four days!

...and my friend Maeve has yet to take off the tiara that adorned the top of this birthday cake. I brought this cake to a joint birthday celebration for her and her friend Caitlin. Not pictured are the matching earrings that came with the tiara, that I don't think Caitlin has taken off either.
Not surprising, I mean, just look at those jewels.

This was actually the first time I've ever made the NEW VEGAN CLASSIC Raspberry Blackout cake from Vegan with a Vengeance. How odd.

Some thoughts on this, all numbered:

1) I'm a PPK cult member, what's taken me so long?
2) Baking cakes is fun! What's taken me so long?
3) I remember when Isa posted this cake on Livejournal's Vegancooking community years ago, before you could type! Before I could type!? What's taken me so long???
4) I'm spoiled with gee-orgeous personalized cakes from Sweetpea nowadays, love it! That's been delaying this.
5) Maeve told me she wanted me to bake this cake, so I did.

I baked, melted the ganache & our friend Jeff frosted.

Is there too much booze in sight for public viewing of this photo? I also brought vodka I'd infused with vanilla beans and local basil (that Maeve grew!) and vodka infused with coffee and more vanilla beans.

We meant to remove the tiara before lighting all 43 candles. Hilarity ensued.

21 comments:

strawberryrock said...

Heart!
It was good cake!

Katie said...

I'm sad I missed it!

Tell me more about the infused booze!

Alyssa Franchetti said...

That cake is gorgeous!!!

Tami (Vegan Appetite) said...

The cake is beautiful and I love the idea of your infused vodkas! How cool!

East Village Vegan said...

Great looking cake!

HaikuTofu said...

your cake is gorgeous!

veggievixen said...

tiaras and cakes! yes. it's so preeetty.

Adriana said...

I bought a crown very similar to the one pictured...

Holy cow your cake is b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l!

bjorkedoff said...

i miss maeve.

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

Sounds like a damn good celebration!

vegan.in.brighton said...

I love that cake so much, I make it for peoples birthdays all the time so I cat eat a slice or two!

Caity said...

That cake looks soooo amazing! I absolutely adore the tiara! If I had it, I'd never take it off either!

Chelsea said...

That cake was super yummy! I had to have a second slice, and it was just as good the second time around.

Erica said...

Happy birthday to Maeve! the cake is beautimous as well!

Sarah said...

I so want to move to Veganland and eat too much cake and have vegan parties and vegan food at every turn! <3

Bianca said...

I haven't made that cake yet either, but it looks so delicious. I'd still be wearing the tiara too. BTW, is that your kitchen table with the decoupage goin' on? Love it!!

Marija said...

Nice looking cake!!!

And thanks for the infused vodka idea :)

Cafe Cyan said...

That cake looks perfect - great job! Also, that is hilarious about the tiara...sounds like it survived at least!

Monique a.k.a. Mo said...

Lovely. I can't believe you never made that cake before. It is made of awesome.

anywhere_Smile said...

Now that we have described discount links of london the one way linking process, how can you get links of london silver websites to link just to you? One answer is that it is links of london sale dependent on your sites content, especially if you links london jewellery have unique content. Other websites will link cheap links of london to you if you have interesting content that links london bracelet compliments their content. The problem is that you london links charms really have to have something exceptional. links of london watches sale One easy way to get a type of one way link called discount links of london rings a back-link. These are links to articles that you cheap links of london necklaces have written and distributed through article directories.

pandoraing said...

pandora jewelry For the most part, ankle bracelets are cheap pandora beads casual accessories: they are best pandora beads sale worn on an ordinary day out having fun. Multicolored pandora beads sale anklets woven from fibers or threads look pandora glass beads great with casual sandals or flip-flops. However, ankle pandora bracelet bracelets made of fine-spun gold and pandora bangle silver make a beautiful tandem with fashion shoes, and Pandora necklace look great for formal events. There are many different kinds of leather bands available in cheap pandora charms stores now. For women, colored leather or pandora earrings suede bracelets and watch bands are popular.For pandora beads men, it is popular for the bands to pandora jewellery be a little wider, 2 inches or more. With a cheap pandora leather wristband or cuff watch band, it is popular pandora uk now for the band to have a lot of texture, layers pandora bracelets sale of leather, stitching or weaving. Also, it pandora bangles has become quite popular for people pandora necklaces to have their initials, name or a phrase pandora earrings engraved into the leather. There are many places pandora sets available online that can do that pandora charms now. Three years ago, leather wrist accessories became available online with a much better selection than what was available in most retail stores.