Friday, July 31, 2009

Grilled Cremini & Garlic sandwich.

Chomp.

It was under 100F yesterday when I left work, so I stopped at my local New Seasons Market and picked up FOOD to COOK for dinner. I was surprisingly productive last night with my bit of cooking and cleaning for a party this weekend! I almost turned on my oven and roasted local red potatoes with dill and then considered roasting tempeh.... Thankfully for my cats, I held onto my sanity and simply ate my sandwich.

It was beautifully easy to assemble - I halved local creminis and tossed them in a golden balsamic vinaigrette with large slices of garlic, cooked them on my cast iron grill pan, threw them on top of baby spinach, in an organic olive ciabatta roll from New Seasons (splurge!) added a large slice of local tomato and there was dinner. If I hadn't forgotten my vegan staple jar of Vegenaise at work months ago, I would have likely added some.

Grilled garlic = amazing.

12 comments:

Trinity (of haiku tofu) said...

looks gorgeous. i love some olive bread!

nora said...

I've never grilled garlic before! I like your new header thing!

I'm Katie. said...

*yum sounds*

East Village Vegan said...

Yum. That sandwich looks so fresh.

Tami said...

What a perfect sandwich made all the better with the olive ciabatta!

DJ said...

That sounds perfect! Griddled Mushrooms = Big Love!

Caity said...

Ooh that looks absolutely amazing!!

Jan Holt said...

That looks and sounds so good. Can't wait to try it.

Carrie™ said...

Grilled garlic is amazing!

miss v said...

i've been on such a mushroom kick lately! sammies are the best in 100 degree, fo sho! love it!

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

That looks lovely!

muebles en granada said...

I completely agree with the post.