On Wednesdays, I am faced with the "problem" of "deciding" between two farmers markets. As I've mentioned lately, I look forward to the Wednesday downtown market, quite close to my office, but there's also the year-long market outside of People's Coop that grows come springtime.
Yesterday, I had a smile on my face as I had a real reason to stop by both. I stopped by the
downtown market late on my lunch hour for bok choy raab, red anjour pears and braeburn apples, but I also wanted garlic, so off I went to the next market at the completion of my work day. There was no garlic at the People's market so I picked up some organic, purple garlic and a few other items in the actual coop. At the market itself, I picked up over a pound of local shiitake mushrooms for $5. The mushroom farmers at this market always have, by far, the lowest price. Maiitakes next time! I cooked some in a yellow curried vegetable, seitan and chickpea roast last night. I'm considering what to do next with the rest for two potlucks this weekend. OoOo.
A sampling of shiitakes
I sadly hadn't been to Sip in months, so I stopped by for a Matcha Hemp Tea Latte. It was delightful and so pretty! I could see this becoming a habit, but in a few weeks they'll be replacing the espresso machine with the milkshake equipment, so get one while you can! Remind me to!
Quinoa, chickpeas, spinach, kalamata olives, smoky orange tempeh, garlic and a bit of nutritional yeast.
- Check out my first Veggie Thing contribution here, and feel free to like it if you do!
- Follow Get Sconed! on twitter.
- Portlanders - check out the Try Vegan PDX film benefit this Sunday night, "A Delicate Balance".
- Next post: NYC food porn insanity.
- Isa's Vegan Brunch is out later this month! I'll be posting a round up of everything I've tested around then!