Monday, November 03, 2008

Attention Portlanders!

Hey Portland area readers!  I know there's a few of you out there....  

If you're addicted to learning about the vegan culinary arts like me, or simply want some vegan holiday meal inspiration, come to the Cooking Vegan for the Holidays Cooking Class on November 16, 2008.  

It's being presented by Try Vegan PDX and is being taught by Chelsea of Flavorvegan and myself.  Oh, my.  Come watch me forget how to speak but still mash some sweet potatoes with pizazz.


What: Cooking Vegan for the Holidays, a Thanksgiving Cooking Class.

When: November 16, 2008 at 3pm.

Where: Cleveland High School at SE 28th and SE Powell.  Map.  

The Food: We'll be making Thanksgiving Gluten Roast, Sweet Potato Pie Casserole and Pecan Pie.  There will be tastings of more holiday food at the end!

Materials Fee: $10 in advance, $15 at the door.

Register and reserve a space at Try Vegan PDX or call 503-772-7983. (SITE UPDATED!)

 Sweet Potato Pie Casserole

Let me know if you have any questions!  If you guys don't fly out from around the continental United States for this I'm going to be very upset.

19 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Grr, wish I was in Portland :0(

DeepCerulean said...

hmmm...I may have to show up to this...

urban vegan said...

Go ahead. Rub in in my Philadelphia face, why don't you?

*Green with envy*

Have fun, you lucky Portlanders.

Taylor said...

Just bought a plane ticket! Oh...I would if I were rolling in extra moolah. Have a great time presenting and teaching.

allularpunk said...

i wish i could go to this...boo.

Lisa (Show Me Vegan) said...

So cool! Have fun and knock 'em dead.

Bethany said...

I love taking cooking classes and the food sounds really good. Portland sounds like a great place to live.

Anonymous said...

I wish I were in Portland!!! You make me want to move there!!!

Jen said...

i would if i could, but i'm poor and live in indiana.

Unknown said...

Had I the ability to enjoy gluten and sugar, I'd be there!

VeganView said...

Well it just seems I need to move to portland immediately! All your fun events make me so envious :)

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

I wish I could be there, but I'll be in NYC! dammit.

Bianca said...

Aw, I'd come if I could! I'm dying to visit Portland, but the funds just won't allow it right now....I will visit there sometime next year I hope.

sarchan said...

That casserole. Oh. Emm. Gee.

Tony Thayer said...

I'll be there!

Unknown said...

I'll be there! How fun!

Unknown said...

how long will the class last? i've got relatives in town and can maybe get away for a couple hours. . .

Chelsea said...

Wow, how exciting! It's a definite maybe for me. You are so brave teaching a class to strangers, I taught a class for a bunch of my coworkers a couple months ago and thought I was gonna have a panic attack! Well, that's a bit of an exaggeration, but still you are super awesome!!!

jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

ms. ross - it should last about 2-3 hours. Hope you can make it!