Thursday, October 09, 2008

Peanut Butter & RayRay

I arrived at work yesterday to find a free sample of the new 
Earth Balance No Stir Peanut Butter.  It is made of peanuts, flaxseed, agave syrup, palm fruit oil and salt is delicious.  I think the addition of flax and agave is pretty groovy in a no-stir.



I find myself to be a no-stir fan, and Maranatha is one of my favorites.  I usually just buy a jar of Trader Joe's salted peanut butter because I'm cheap, but I do look to fancier brands when they are on sale at New Season's, and would pick this up again if it was.  It was a welcome addition to my oops-forgot-my-lunch-but-have-carrot-sticks-at-work day!

The royalty of peanut butter, Rayray of Bjorked off, tried it last night while on his last night in town and approved.  Expect more feedback on Bjorked off!  Did you know that this blog is doing a VeganMoFo month of PEANUT BUTTER?  Go figure.

Here's a slice of Rayray's Peanut Butter Cheezecake, 
that he made our ANTM night.  
I know the secret ingredient, do you?  No.  

The best vegan cheezecake I have ever had - and ridiculously the creamiest.  My brother liked it and said "tastes like Reese's"~

And a sad group hug goodbye between Rayray, Strawberryrock and myself.  Come back soon! Make me art!

21 comments:

Tami said...

I got an email about that new peanut butter so it's awesome to see a review.

Awwww....that good bye photo is sad.

donesmoking said...

whats the secret ingredient for the cheesecake?

tofutti cream cheese? hmmm, that doesnt seem secret enough...

Jenn said...

Nice blue willow... I'll be posting some pix of a recent batch of peanut butter cups ... soon. I swear.

Kati said...

I demand the recipe for that cheesecake! Now!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Hooray for PB and for great friends!! :0)

allularpunk said...

i hate stirring peanut butter. and i didn't know EB even had peanut butter! it'll probably be like 10 years before it shows its face in WV.

Taylor said...

Oh, yay! I hate stirring peanut butter. So messy.

Kristin said...

I just bought some of this a few days ago. Haven't opened it yet, but now I can't wait to finish off the other jar.

That cheesecake is evil. :)

urban vegan said...

Suddenly, I want a PB & J sandwich. PB has definitely grown on me over the years.

Omniman's fave hedonistic snack is a slice of whole grain bread, toasted, buttered with Earth Balance and then slathered with PB. So decadent!

That cheesecake looks insane!

Anonymous said...

this is such a sweet post, jess!

i love that little pb pretzel on top.

i'm pretty sure ray ray had a mouthful of pb pretzels when we said goodbye at the coop the other night! or something...i remembered he smelled like peanut butter!

Lisa (Show Me Vegan) said...

thanks for the review! I'll keep a look out for it.

Lisa -- Cravin' Veggies said...

Oooh... EBPB! I hope it shows up in these here boondocks sometime soon! I lurve peanut butter!

And peanut butter cheesecake??? Awesome!

B.A.D. said...

This is making me miss you girls,portland and evan.

Monique a.k.a. Mo said...

HOLY CRAP! That cheesecake looks amazing!

Karla said...

that cheesecake was tasty delicious!!
i would say it had more the texture of a creamy custard. it reminded me a lot of the Peanut Butter Cream Pie that i grew up eating at mennonite/amish restaurants. so yum!
http://www.debbieappleseed.net/creampies_files/product_cream_peanutbutter.jpg

Bianca said...

I just gasped out loud when I saw that pie! Seriously. I NEED THAT!

And I'm so thrilled about the EB peanut butter. I love no-stir!

MikeyLife said...

I don't like those no-stir's. I had one of the Marantha (or however its spelled) a few yrs ago and it tasted really, weirdly oily. Yuck.

Thanks for yer blogging- I like it!

And for all the SE Trader Joe shoppers out there... There's some TJ granola bars advertised as vegan. And they're not. The obvious give away on one of them is the Oats N' HONEY flavor. The PB one also has honey. Lame.

Jen said...

for a while i've been staying away from PB because i thought i was allergic. i finally took the testing and i'm free and clear for peanuts/tree nuts! i've totally gone hog wild for the stuff and i've takend to 'sleep eating' a spoonful or two in the middle of the night. hmmmm. peanut butter vampire?

bjorkedoff said...

awww,jess!
yr the best!
not number one,but the best.
especially because you made a post about how peanut butter and i are the best.yay!

Erin said...

I LOVE natural no-stir peanut butter! I normally buy Maranatha when I can too, I'll keep an eye out for this new brand. Thanks for the info.

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

Aww, Evan! That cheesecake looks SO good!