I did technically post something today, but it was to Stumptown Vegans.
You can check out the new review of the I Love Thai Food cart downtown here.
Sometimes I think about posting a current list of my top Portland eateries, since so many folks inquire and our Top Ten List in Herbivore's Travel Edition is from almost year ago.
Today I do have enough time to talk quickly discuss carts I'm fond of.
In case you were wondering, my favorite Portland food carts include:
- Potato Champion - late night Belgian frites in SE! Vegenaise! Vegan poutine (even if I'm not a fan..)
- Taqueria Los Gorditos - do I need to explain? The nachos knock me out, though I'm usually happy with Beans + Rice + Avocado for $4 with chips instead of tortillas. They're working on opening an all vegan cart in SE in the future! Soyrizo!!!
- Sip: Milkshake season is over but they're making special hot cocoas and daily soup is coming.
- Tastebud Pita at the Farmer's Markets - just make sure it's a basil pesto, not cilantro day if you're a hater like me. love their whole chickpea hummus and devotion to seasonal produce. they bake pitas in their wood fired oven on site! fyi: their bagels are boiled in honey.
- Toddbot's Triangles - O-nigiri! Todd's the sweetest ever and for $2.50, satisfies hunger with his adorable, salty rice triangle bargains.
- The Whole Bowl - no dairy, no cilantro, extra sauce! I'm usually gifted extra avocado as well, holla.
- Al Forno Ferruzza - Excellent pizza crust located by PSU that I haven't had in ages. What? The fresh toppings are simple, the dipping sauce is perfect, but the Sicilan style crust is the star.
- India Chaat House - it's probably world renowned! $5.50 = eat for what seems like forever.
For more focused ramblings on Portland carts, check out our first podcast here and the
Portland Food Carts website (not vegan specific FYI).
Obligatory vegan food cart porn:
Veggie Pita from Tastebud
(just at market's close - they'd run out of chickpeas and wheatberry salad and
sold it for a $1 less)
Nachos with Soyrizo from Los Gorditos
Vegan Poutine from Potato Champion
The Big Big Big Lunch Special from India Chaat House