Thursday, June 29, 2006

Share goodness

This small bowl of joy includes both Vanilla So Delicious and Soyatoo whip. Everything else is pretty obvious~

Below I bring you my scrumptious dinner (and leftovers for lunch tommorow): VWAV style sesame asparagus, carrots and chard. It's topped with toasted black sesame seeds and on the side is short grain brown rice. This is practically all organic and local!


Thanks to everyone for the fennel suggestions - I have some in my salad for tommorow, and I plan on roasting with potatoes. It's a thin variety, any specific tips? Radish recipes? I dig them in salads but haven't tried otherwise.
Also, we have gone through SO much of the CSA share already with huge salads, the above meal and strawberry feasts - so fresh and satisfying!

7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Again, my favorite way to use radishes is with tacos. Here's how I do my Mexican Night:
http://sanfranfamily.blogspot.com/2006/03/tonights-outdoor-dinner_114360387564977973.html
I usually just serve the radishes alongside. Making homemade refried beans and homemade tortillas is a lot of work, but it is *so* good, and you'll have enough refried beans leftover for many lunches. Not so for the tortillas, for me anyway....

I have also put radishes into a stew, just like turnips or rutabegas, along with potatoes, maybe carrots, and a green leafy.

Carrie™ said...

Hmmmm, interesting message from Elizabeth with regards to radishes. I've never had them cooked. I didn't even know you could cook them. That sounds really stupid, but never known anyone who did. I am going to throw some in my next stew. Interesting.
Jess, your dinner is perfect. That would be completely satisfying and comforting. Excellent job as always.

Shananigans said...

Mmmm, that looks so delicious! I always want to like rainbow chard because it's so pretty, but I just don't like it. Same with radishes, I have issues with vegetables that taste "peppery". I'm so jealous of all those organic strawberries, I could eat a couple pints in one sitting no problem. I miss raspberry season back in WI, raspberries and blackberries are so ridiculously expensive. It was so awesome to be able to just wander into the back yard and eat berries off the vines to my heart's content.

Anonymous said...

Regarding radishes, they are a classic with bread, "butter", and salt. I also put them in a yummy salad with white beans, green olives, tarragon, olive oil, and red wine vinegar. By the way, I am a big fan!

funwithyourfood said...

that would really hit the spot right now. YUM

Teddy

ps Don't forget to stop by my blog while I'm on vacation. Richard's still posting for me ;)

Teddy

KleoPatra said...

Ooooh that goodness of strawberries. They are great with just about everything!! Berry nice, Jess.

Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

dinner looks delicious! vwav asparagus is sooo yummy... & what you're doing with those strawberres - keep it coming! :o)