Monday, March 13, 2006

Faux Caeser Dressing (an excellent way to use your leftover Mori-Nu)

Salad of organic field greens, broccoli, tomato, white mushroom, celery, homemade seven grain garlic-nutritional yeast-italian herb croutons and Dreena's Amazing Creamy (vegan) Caeser dressing from The Everyday Vegan. I halved the dressing recipe and I already regret it. It's probably for the best though because not only do I now get to add this recipe to recipe notebook for future use, but it didn't go bad in my fridge since I'm the only one eating it. I added more pepper and lemon juice and less rice vinegar, since I don't really like it. After having this salad last night, I was so freaking excited about my lunch today~ The croutons were the best I've made yet (the seven grain was no where as good as I image seduction bread as being, Leslie, it was a little too hearty).

Below we have BBQ tofu and tri-colored peppers made with Consorzio Organic Spicy BBQ sauce. I highly recommend this sauce. I marinaded firm tofu in slabs in a few sprays of Braggs for a few hours, and then pan fried it until lightly brown on both sides with peppers and bbq sauce.

7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Is the recipe on Dreena's blog? I'm not finding it there.

jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

Hi Elizabeth, the recipe is in the book, I just really like her blog~

Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

wow. both of these look delicious. i'll have to try BBQ sauce on tofu. hadn't thought of that. :)

Guinnah said...

Hey there - I just wandered over and your food looks great! I haven't tried Dreena'a caesar dressing yet but it's definitely on my list, especially after seeing your post...

Guinnah said...

Okay - small world here - I just saw your comment on my blog and checked your profile - I'm a Virgo too (yeah for perfectionists!) and am from Portland (headed there this weekend for my daughter's orchestra festival at MHCC). Definitely try the ranch - we really, really like it. It's good in sour cream too as a dip. I think the soda crackers give it the thickness that is missing if you just add spices.

Harmonia said...

I'll have to try the dressing! Also replied to your comment from yesterday on my blog and added a long entry about Amy's Kitchen today. Midweek Munchies TOMORROW!

Dreena said...

Happy to hear you liked the dressing, Jess... leftovers usually keep up to a week in an airtight container, and I sometimes use leftovers to generously spread on bread in a sandwich - yummy, like a zesty, garlicky mayonnaise!