Monday, January 16, 2006

TLT! well, sorta



Tempeh, spinach, arugula & raddichio, tomato and a very thin layer of Vegenaise on toasted Grand Central como bread. I prefer it with roasted red tomatoes over tomatoes, ala Red & Black cafe. I cooked the tempeh in the toaster oven for the first time here, still tasty, but I prefer it fried in earth balance.



The tempeh is based off the Vegan with a Vengenance recipe, and a couple vegweb.com recipes, and my hybrid directions are as follows:

1 teaspoon tomato paste (great to keep in the fridge in tube form for soups, too) 1 tablespoon maple syrup (at least get the trader joe's good stuff!)
1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke (MAKES it)
4+ tablespoons braggs
crushed garlic
pack of tempeh, thinly sliced...comebine ingrediants and toss over tempeh..marinade it all for a couple hours..I've taken to cutting up & marinading a pack on the weekend and leaving it in the fridge.

No comments: