Saturday, January 21, 2006

My growing love affair with chickpeas and garlic.

Whole wheat penne from Trader Joe's, chickpeas, roasted red peppers, spinach and broccoli stems sauteed in olive oil, garlic & red pepper flakes with salt and pepper.
The cookies are the chocolate chip cookies from Vegan with a Vengenance, go figure. I cut the margarine in half, added enough soy milk to make it moist at the end (no more than 1/4 cup, if that), toasted & chopped macadamia nuts, dried blueberries and chocolate and white chocolate chips. I mailed them to my grandpa in NY earlier today with some candy and a card, he just got out of the hospital and is in a physical therapy rehab center.


3 comments:

Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

both of those look delicious! i'm finding that i'm in love with chickpeas lately too. ;)

Amanda said...

Chickpeas are my one true love. They are a god among beans.

Those cookies look fabulous. I'm trying to eat healthier these days as well, but I haven't tried healthifying cookies yet. I'm a little scared, I'll admit.

sarchan said...

Those cookies look so good. And your such a caring granddaughter. Funny, i've been making loads of stuff chickpeas lately myself (what comes from cooking an entire bag at once). Anyway, like your blog :)